What we do
The Parish Council is the first tier of democratically elected representation
- We have your mandate to act on behalf of community
- We are elected officials, unpaid but not “volunteers”
- We are residents of the Winterbournes
- Supported by our Parish Clerk
We represent the interests of the community
- e.g. Wiltshire Council (Highways, Planning, Housing)
- Neighbourhood Police Team
- Development and publication of Parish Plan (2009) and Neighbourhood Plan (2021)
Statutory functions & procedures
- Meetings (monthly, annual)
- Governance (finance and risk)
- Transparency (publications, meetings in public)
Negotiate/lobby for action
- Wilts Council (e.g. highways, waste & litter)
Own and maintain amenities
- e.g. QEII field, Glebe Lands, allotments, car parks
- “Custodial trustee” for Glebe Hall
- Grass, hedges, footpaths
- Liaise Wiltshire Council, landowners
Dr Peter Biggins
Parish Council News
Glebe Hall Management Committee
Although we still advise users of the Glebe Hall to remain cautious, when organising events, due...
Our magazine, the Village Link……. For some time the Parish Council has been considering the future...
2020: the year that was….or wasn’t? This time last year we clearly had no idea what was about to...
Meetings of the Parish Council usually take place on the third Wednesday of every month except...
What we do
The Parish Council is the first tier of democratically elected representation We have your mandate...